Friday, December 25, 2009

Mint Candy Apple


Mint Candy Apple by Essie

This is such an amazing color! There have been a few shades released recently that are similiar, the most popular probably being MAC's Peppermint Patty. I'm not a huge fan of MAC nail polishes so I didn't get that, but I do love Essie! The first coat went on a bit streaky, but everything evened out by the second. I did a thin first coat and a slightly thicker second coat. This lasted several days with no chipping (aside from my two nails that always chip because I'm convinced they just hate nail polish of all types) and only a small amount of tipwear. This was taken after about 3 days of wear.

The color is a creamy pastel light green with a strong blue undertone. One of my friends was convinced that this was blue, not green but to me it looks more green. A very unique color and I love love love it.

This was part of Essie's 2009 Christmas collection.

Photo was taken indoors, no natural light.

This is:

-1 coat OPI Nail Envy
-2 coats Mint Candy Apple by Essie
-1 coat Seche Vite topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment